The bone junctions react with great sensitivity to the intoxication of the organism. Any infection or illness, nervousness and other factors can cause pain. Sensations of discomfort, by themselves, do not yet indicate the presence of disease in the body. It turns out that pain occurs as a result of injury or overload, while illnesses manifest themselves in the form of acute pain sensations. What to do when your joints hurt, what are the reasons why the body hurts?
What is joint pain
In medical terms, joint pain is called arthralgia. It develops when nerve endings located in the synovial pouch are affected. Constant pain is the first indicator of bone disease. This worsens the quality of life, the emotional background. Self-medication can lead to the transition from the disease to the chronic form, with even greater damage. The main symptom of arthralgia is periodic bouts of acute pain.
How the joints hurt
Pain itself is not a disease, it is just a symptom of other diseases - both infectious and non-infectious. The perception of how painful the joints are depends on the state of the nervous system. A balanced body practically does not respond to mild discomfort, and an emotionally unstable body has a low pain threshold. Pain in terms of strength and duration can be characterized as follows:
- tolerant - intolerant;
- weak - strong; acute - chronic
- frequent - rare;
- fast pass - long duration.
If your joints hurt for more than a month, this is considered a chronic form. With proper treatment, time passes (remission phase), but reappears (exacerbation phase). Joints can be caused by a sharp drop in ambient temperature, physical overload of the body, inadequate nutrition, overweight and frequent stressful situations.
Why they hurt
The causes of joint pain may be hidden in ongoing pathological processes (stretching, inflammation, metabolic disorders). This is typical of diseases like synovitis, arthritis, gout, osteoarthritis and so on. A variety of factors can cause discomfort, by which you can determine the risk group:
- age over 50;
- genetic predisposition;
- birth defects;
- chronic diseases;
- gender (women are most frequently affected);
- periods when a person is overweight.
Why do limb joints hurt, where there are connective tissues? This may be due to impaired blood circulation in the synovium. Pain and stiffness of movement can also occur with an unbalanced diet. The diet should be rich in essential vitamins and minerals (calcium, phosphorus, boron). An inactive lifestyle is another reason why all joints hurt at the same time, from which a person suffers.
Why the whole body and joints hurt
Pain in most joints in the body can have different origins. The most common reason is an increase in physical activity, after which there is pleasant fatigue (ankle joint - sore legs when walking, shoulders). It can also happen in connection with:
- infections accompanied by fever (infectious arthritis, a virus that affects the hip joint);
- intestinal inflammation;
- diseases of the hematopoietic system; intoxication
- autoimmune inflammatory processes;
- exacerbation of arthritis or osteoarthritis;
All joints and spine hurt
The main cause of this phenomenon is considered to be a malfunction of the cartilage metabolism. This is accompanied by a loss of smoothness, they become rough, lose fluid from the synovial joint, and cracks form. The deformation process can be caused by the following reasons:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- professional sports;
- advanced infections, inflammatory diseases; hypothermia;
- sharp jumps in body weight.
Knees and elbows
These parts of the body are made up of a joint of several bones (joint) that is covered by cartilage tissue. A characteristic lesion can be present on either side or simultaneously on two. Knees and elbows have little muscle and fat and are palpable. It is easy for an experienced doctor to recognize the cause of the disease (osteoarthritis of the knee joint, acute arthritis of the shoulder joints, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. ). It can be:
- chronic inflammation of the synovial channels; trauma;
- changes due to cartilage wear, joint deformity;
- systemic disease;
For the rheumatologist to make the correct diagnosis and prescribe the appropriate treatment, an analysis is made of the painful symptoms that bother him, diagnosed by all the necessary instrumental techniques. The nature of the pathology and its location are determined using:
- ultrasound examination;
- studies of synovial fluid.
The methods and ways of treating the joints are different for each individual case. They are divided into therapeutic (including surgery, massage, physiotherapy, exercise) and alternative (alternative methods of traditional medicine). The doctor decides which treatment method to use for joint pain after a thorough examination of the patient, taking into account their individual characteristics, the level of mobility restriction.
This method aims to reduce inflammatory processes in the joint tissues and in the joint membrane. The drugs do not eliminate the problem, but only relieve pain in the damaged joint cavity. To do this, use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs, ointments, tablets, injections).
Before using popular methods, you should definitely consult a doctor. The following methods are popular and effective:
- Bay leaf. To prepare a remedy, you need 30 leaves, pour 0, 5 liters of boiling water, boil for 5 minutes. Insist on the resulting broth for 3 hours and start drinking for 12 hours. Repeat the procedure for 3 days and then take a break for 7 days. Repeat the course a maximum of 2 times a year.
- Gelatin. A compress should be made with this substance: a napkin is immersed in hot water, squeezed, soaked in gelatin, folded in layers and applied to the skin overnight, after being wrapped in plastic wrap. It is useful to take gelatine internally.
- Rice. Cooked rice washes the salts, which can be identified by their characteristic crispness. First, it should be immersed in water - the longer the better, draining it periodically. The dish is eaten on an empty stomach, without salt, for 40 days.